Cheyenne Student News

Have You Registered Your Child for Cheyenne’s 2018-2019 School Year?

Aaliyah H. & Aidai S., Staff Writers

In order to attend Clark County Schools, it is a requirement to register online.

There are two options: one for returning families and one for families that are new to CCSD.

Families NEW to CCSD must begin the registration process through the CCSD website at register.ccsd.net. Families NEW to CCSD must have an active personal email account to begin the registration process.  Families NEW to CCSD do NOT need a Parent Portal account to start the registration process.

Returning families MUST have a Parent Portal account. To obtain a Parent Portal account, parents/guardians must physically report to Cheyenne and bring a government-issued ID. Families who need their passwords reset or recovered must also physically report to Cheyenne and bring a government-issued photo ID.

After obtaining a parent portal account, parents/guardians can come to Cheyenne for assistance with registration OR continue the registration process online by selecting the appropriate icon at the following web address http://ccsd.net/parents/online-registration.php.

For families NEW to CCSD, the registration process will not be complete until parents/guardians bring the following documents to Cheyenne:

• Proof of Immunizations
  • Proof of Address (Power, Gas, Water Bill, or current mortgage statement/rental lease agreement)
  • Child’s ID which includes either an original birth certificate, passport, or a certified birth card issued by another health district.
  • Parent/Guardian’s Government Issued Photo ID

For RETURNING CCSD students, the registration process will not be complete until parents/guardians bring the following documents to Cheyenne:

•  Proof of Address (Power, Gas, Water Bill, or current mortgage statement/rental lease agreement)

Parents/Guardians should be sure to provide accurate information. Ms. Chapman, the Cheyenne High School registrar, informs parents that once an enrollment is submitted, they cannot make changes to it unless they come to Cheyenne to do so.

Before registering for Cheyenne High School, parents should ensure their child is zoned to attend Cheyenne. Even though Cheyenne is an open-enrollment high school, there are some things of which parents/guardians must be aware.

Students and parents should be aware that they will be responsible for transportation if their child is not zoned to attend Cheyenne. Parents can also call the Demographics & Zoning Office at (702) 799-6430 to find out where their child is zoned. Alternatively, families can use the following link http://www.ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/.

For families returning to Cheyenne, it is still a requirement to register for the 2018-2019 school year, even if parents had previously registered their child. The aforementioned requirements are still needed in order to enroll. For Spanish-speaking families, there is a staff member or student-aide available to assist with translations. Cheyenne is an inclusive community, and we are happy to provide this service for our families.

Parents can visit the registration office from 6:30 am to 2:30 pm, Monday through Friday to register their students for the 2018-2019 school year.

Updated on 4.13.18

The Voice of Cheyenne High School