The Voice of Cheyenne High School

Cheyenne Student News

Cheyenne Photojournalists Attend FotoFest and Learn Advanced Photography Techniques!

Select students from all levels of Cheyenne’s photography classes attended the annual field trip to FotoFest which was held at the College of Southern of Nevada. FotoFest provides novice photographers an insider’s perspective on the world of photography.

Cheyenne students were given the opportunity to look at different types of photography from the perspective of a professional photographer. They saw three different presentations that helped Cheyenne’s future photojournalists learn important rules of photography.

Darleen R., a first year photography student, explained the benefit of some of the presentations. “One explained lighting and how you can recreate certain things with the right materials. The second was drones; they showed how to fly them and explained that you have to register them first. The third was ethics and knowing about all of the rules of being a photographer,” said Darlene R.

Ms. Weems, the photography teacher, organized the field trip in order to help her students apply professional techniques to their class projects. “Students go to FotoFest, so they can learn different types of photography and different techniques,” said Weems.

Weems plans to continue taking her students to FotoFest each year, allowing them to learn more advanced skills and techniques which will build up the photography program at Cheyenne. She stated, “I think it was really good for the students. They got to talk to college professors who teach photography and can show them the elements of photography and different ways to shoot photography.”

Cheyenne students can earn college credits for the photography class if they decide to attend CSN. Interested students can sign up to take Photography by speaking with their counselor or Ms. Weems in room 304.

• Cheyenne Photojournalists Attend FotoFest and Learn Advanced Photography Techniques!

Student Life

The Batteries Included Club At Cheyenne High School Promotes Student Leadership!!!

News

Cheyenne’s Black Student Union Promotes Cultural Awareness!!!

News

It Takes Hard Work to Be A Valedictorian Candidate at Cheyenne High School!

Student Life

Cheyenne High School Key Club Brings the Community Together!

Student Life

Cheyenne JROTC Students Attend Leadership Challenge in Arizona!

Student Life

The Stop Hate And Promote Peace Campaign Helps Cheyenne Students Unwind!

Student Life

TRIO: A Track to Success

Student Life

TRiO Educational Talent Search

Student Life

Cheyenne Says “No More” to Domestic Violence

Student Life

Steps to Life

The Voice of Cheyenne High School