Cheyenne Student News

Cheyenne Photojournalists Attend FotoFest and Learn Advanced Photography Techniques!

Josh B., Cavin G, Marcus H., & Zeyaundra J.

Select students from all levels of Cheyenne’s photography classes attended the annual field trip to FotoFest which was held at the College of Southern of Nevada. FotoFest provides novice photographers an insider’s perspective on the world of photography.

Cheyenne students were given the opportunity to look at different types of photography from the perspective of a professional photographer. They saw three different presentations that helped Cheyenne’s future photojournalists learn important rules of photography.

Darleen R., a first year photography student, explained the benefit of some of the presentations. “One explained lighting and how you can recreate certain things with the right materials. The second was drones; they showed how to fly them and explained that you have to register them first. The third was ethics and knowing about all of the rules of being a photographer,” said Darlene R.

Ms. Weems, the photography teacher, organized the field trip in order to help her students apply professional techniques to their class projects. “Students go to FotoFest, so they can learn different types of photography and different techniques,” said Weems.

Weems plans to continue taking her students to FotoFest each year, allowing them to learn more advanced skills and techniques which will build up the photography program at Cheyenne. She stated, “I think it was really good for the students. They got to talk to college professors who teach photography and can show them the elements of photography and different ways to shoot photography.”

Cheyenne students can earn college credits for the photography class if they decide to attend CSN. Interested students can sign up to take Photography by speaking with their counselor or Ms. Weems in room 304.

• Cheyenne Photojournalists Attend FotoFest and Learn Advanced Photography Techniques!

Entertainment

Cheyenne’s English Department Holds Junior Poetry Slam!!!

News

Cheyenne’s Armed Drill Team Seeks to Improve Its Performance!!!

News

Mythology and Folklore Class: A Creative Supplement to the English Curriculum!!!

Student Life

Cheyenne High School Prom: A Memorable Night for the Class of 2018!!!

News

Cheyenne High School’s PT Team Wins 1st Place!!!

News

S.A.V.E. Club Feeds our Community

News

Laughs and Victories at the Cheyenne Improv Competition

News

Cheyenne’s JROTC Color Guard Has Exemplary Performances in Las Vegas Drill Meet

News

Journalism Club Uses Writing to Enhance Student Life and Culture at Cheyenne High School.

Student Life

Three Square Partners with Cheyenne High School to Provide Nutritious Meals

The Voice of Cheyenne High School