Early Childhood Education Class Goes to UNLV to Learn about Early Childhood Development Program!

Imari W., Staff Writer

Cheyenne’s Early Childhood education classes took a field trip to UNLV to learn about the school’s degree program for Early Childhood Development.

UNLV representatives showed students around campus and provided useful information about how to apply to the university. The representatives also provided information about other colleges and what those schools may require to get accepted into an early childhood education program. Destiny A., junior at Cheyenne, said, “It was a great experience! I learned so much!”

On the tour, Cheyenne’s Early Childhood Education classes got to visit the UNLV preschool and daycare where they were able to interact and work with children firsthand. This experience provided Cheyenne students with a real life view of the day-to-day activities of working in the field of Early Childhood Development. Kylee C., an attendee, explained, “Actually working with the children at the preschool was an amazing feeling, because I felt skilled. I was getting a glimpse of my future job!”

Working with the children at the preschool was an amazing feeling!”

— Kylee C

During the tour, UNLV representatives also explained the importance of learning to live independently while in college and the resources that UNLV provides to help students adapt to the shock of living on their own for the first time. Daisha S., another junior who attended the trip, felt the experience changed her plans for the future. “There were so many things I didn’t know about college. After that field trip, I’ve been looking at colleges I want to attend and how to get scholarships!”

Cheyenne’s Early Childhood Education classes will visit CSN to compare their Early Childhood Education program to UNLV’s.