Coach Lott is Ready to Lead the Lady Desert Shield’s Basketball Team to Another Playoff Appearance!!!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Samantha M., Staff Writer

After every ending, there’s a new beginning, and Cheyenne Girls’ Varsity Basketball Coach Clifton Lott is looking forward to beginning great things this season.

Coming from Mississippi, Coach Lott has been coaching for 12 years. In 2014-2015, he helped lead the Spring Valley High School Girls’ Basketball team to the Champion Bowl. He seeks to replicate this success at Cheyenne High School.

“I feel like we’re going to be good. We’re going to go with our motto, which is to play the game of basketball the right way–fundamentals, defense, and rebound. I think I can bring something different to the program.”

Coach Lott prepares athletes to “live” this motto by creating a game-like environment during practices. During these practices, he facilitates a bond between the players. He feels it is important to create an environment during practice that is defined by high energy and maximum effort.

To have a successful team, every coach needs a goal. Lott’s goal is to get players to reach their fullest potential. This requires players to work hard. “I expect them to grow. So by the end of the season, every player should be better than where we started,” said Lott.

Cheyenne is excited to have Coach Lott as the leader of the Cheyenne High School Women’s Basketball Program!!