Cheyenne Student News

Cheyenne High School’s JROTC Major Nicholas Falsey Is Accepted Into the United States Naval Academy!!!!

Sergeant Major Gary Schoolfield, Distinguished Guest Faculty Columnist to the Daily Desert Shield

The Cheyenne Desert Shields Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC)   has made its mark in Cheyenne history with its very first student entering one of the United States Military Academies. This was no easy feat. After many boards, letters of recommendations, and congressional endorsements, Nicholas Falsey was accepted into the United States Naval Academy.

Nicholas is known for his service, and his commitment to service will serve him well as a Commissioned Military Officer. His volunteerism tallied more than 500 community service hours. Places such as Veteran’s Village, local food banks, women and children shelters and homeless teen projects were frequented by Nicholas and made him well known and deeply appreciated throughout the community.

Nicholas became more than just a good student and cadet while attending Cheyenne High School. He became a student which maintained one of the highest grade point averages all four of his high school years. He is ranked number one in his class of over 500 graduating seniors. AP and honors classes filled his high school transcript, and he applied himself in each class with dedication and motivation. This outstanding student achieved an amazing 4.0 unweighted GPA.

The entire JROTC staff and Cheyenne High School looks forward to the accomplishments Nicholas will no doubt obtain in his military career and beyond. Cheyenne is excited for Nicholas Falsey’s success at the United States Naval Academy.”

This awesome young man was selected to serve as the JROTC battalion operations officer for two consecutive years due to his outstanding performance while assuming this demanding position. Nicholas was a member of many clubs and activities at Cheyenne, which included the swim team, debate team, National Honor Society, Color Guard, physical fitness teams, the International Thespian Society, and Career and Technical Education Consortium of States.

Nicholas is truly one of the most well-rounded students to ever participate in Cheyenne’s JROTC program. Cadet Major Falsey was nominated for the highest JROTC position of Battalion Commander, and due to his selflessness and willingness to put the needs of the unit above his own, he agreed with another cadet assuming the commander position.

Command Major Nicholas Falsey will truly be missed among the ranks of the Desert Shields Battalion, and he has left an impressive impact that will be difficult to duplicate. This young man was honored several times at the Cheyenne High School Senior Awards Night, and it is evident there are many accolades, successes, and recognitions in his future due to the person he has become and his potential for further excellence.

The entire JROTC staff and Cheyenne High School looks forward to the accomplishments Nicholas will no doubt obtain in his military career and beyond. Cheyenne is excited for Nicholas Falsey’s success at the United States Naval Academy.

The Voice of Cheyenne High School