Cheyenne Student News

Cheyenne High School Volunteers Partner with the American Red Cross

Keiaira M. and Trisshawne N., Staff Writers

Several Cheyenne High School students volunteer with the American Red Cross organization monthly to facilitate blood drives and to give back to the community.

Cheyenne volunteers help organize events and make sure participants that give blood given proper care.

“As a Red Cross volunteer, it’s an amazing experience to see that people are not self-centered and take the time out of their day to donate blood for those in need,” said Jasmine R., Cheyenne senior.

Cheyenne High School Seniors that are involved with American Red Cross get the opportunity to develop real life skills, such as communication skills, patience, and selflessness.

Diane V., a senior who is a volunteer for the American Red Cross, explained, “It feels good to give back to the community and help out because by donating blood, you are saving a life.”

Mr. Padilla, Cheyenne World Languages teacher and organizer of the volunteer event, explained why he encourages Cheyenne students to volunteer to give blood.  “The good thing about being a volunteer at the Red Cross is to see how people really take time out of their day to give back to those that are in need. It teaches students the value of compassion and community, because it’s a world-wide organization.”

For further information about how to volunteer, Cheyenne High School students can visit the American Red Cross office located at 1771 E. Flamingo Rd, Ste 206-B, Las Vegas NV 89119 or see Mr. Padilla in room 209.

The Voice of Cheyenne High School